[S3tools-general] Upload files to S3 from different EC2 instances
Sagar Ajmire
2017-04-17 04:57:55 UTC
If I'm uploading the same file to S3 multiple times with some modifications
from the same server, it is getting appended.

But when I'm trying to upload log files( with same name) from two different
server, it is deleting the existing contents or may be the file, because
all I can see is the contents of last uploaded file. I tried with s3cmd
*put* and s3cmd *sync.*

Thank You in advance, for any help.
Matt Domsch
2017-04-17 12:04:18 UTC
S3 has no concept of appending to files already on S3. Files are immutable
once stored there. The behavior you are seeing from two different machines
is the behavior you should always see.

Thanks,
Matt