[S3tools-general] Repeated command echo
Russell Gadd
2015-05-21 06:22:03 UTC
There are a couple of oddities when running s3cmd version 1.5.2 on Linux
Mint 17. (Neither of these are a problem for me but offered just to make
you aware).

I already reported (5 May) that I get spurious messages "WARNING: Empty
object name on S3 found, ignoring."

I also found that when performing a simple get the command is echoed twice,
which I wouldn't expect is normal behaviour. Sanitised debug output attached

$ s3cmd get s3://mybucket/files/file1
s3://mybucket/files/file1 -> ./file1 [1 of 1]
s3://mybucket/files/file1 -> ./file1 [1 of 1]
32802 of 32802 100% in 0s 149.34 kB/s done
$

Regards
Russell
Matt Domsch
2015-05-24 12:51:12 UTC
Your bucket_location config option is incorrect "eu-west" rather than
"eu-west-1" or whatever. So it's failing the initial request with v4
signature, and falling back to v2 signature.
Russell Gadd
2015-05-24 19:48:00 UTC
Thanks - I fixed the config region description and it now behaves ok in
this simple example. I do still get some cases in one of my scripts where a
file appears to have been downloaded twice, but I only need to do this
rarely so I haven't tried to isolate the circumstances. I don't know if it
has really been downloaded twice or if it's just a spurious message. If you
want me to, I'll do some more investigation.

Russell