[S3tools-general] Not deleting on sync, empty object message
Russell Gadd
2015-05-05 11:16:40 UTC
I'm getting some of these messages, which I don't see a cause for (see
below but there are other instances when I get this message)
WARNING: Empty object name on S3 found, ignoring.

Also when I did a sync of a folder it said it was deleting a remote file
but the file remains in s3. This is the output:

$ s3cmd -v sync . ${BUCKET}/software/
INFO: Compiling list of local files...
INFO: Running stat() and reading/calculating MD5 values on 9 files, this
may take some time...
INFO: Retrieving list of remote files for s3://mybucket/software/ ...
INFO: Forwarding request to eu-west-1
WARNING: Empty object name on S3 found, ignoring.
INFO: Found 9 local files, 10 remote files
INFO: Verifying attributes...
INFO: Summary: 0 local files to upload, 0 files to remote copy, 1 remote
files to delete
INFO: Done. Uploaded 0 bytes in 1.0 seconds, 0.00 B/s. Copied 0 files
saving 0 bytes transfer.

Also attached sanitised debug output if it is useful

s3cmd version 1.5.2

Russell