[S3tools-general] No permissions for files in Amazon s3 for admin
Geo P.C.
2014-12-20 11:58:04 UTC
We transferred files from one bucket to another bucket on a separate
account with `--acl-public` as follows:

s3cmd cp -v --recursive --acl-public s3://source-geo/webroot
s3://dest-geo/webroot/

Now we files of s3://dest-geo/webroot/ are publicly accessible.

Through Amazon s3 console when we logged to destination with main account
user (admin user) under permission section for all files its showing as
“**No permissions added...**” .

We are able to download these files with out any issue but the issue is
when we change acl, adding metadata, changing permission etc..

Through S3browser when we access permission of these files we are getting
error as **“Error occurred during Permission for <file> . Access Denied.”**

There is no issue for already existing buckets and newly created buckets.
The issue is only with transferred files from another account.

Can anyone please help us on it.