[S3tools-general] remote copy
Russell Gadd
2015-04-09 11:37:09 UTC
I was surprised (pleasantly) that when doing a sync I found at the end a
series of remote copies. These copied files from one version in the bucket
to another giving it a different name according to the local file system's
path. So it appears you are duplicating the storage in order to see the
file as a mirror of the local file, but avoiding the file transfer. I
assume that this process has identified a duplicate file by means of its
MD5. Nice.

I suggest this point is added to the docs somewhere (unless I've missed it)
as it's a plus point for your application.

Russell